Bonds

 Bonds



The bonds I have made have helped me through many things in life. I think bonds are important and you have to cherish the bonds you have. Sometimes you meet people and you don't know the impact that they will have on your life. When I was originally told there was a media center inside of my high school it was quite shocking. I know of a lot of students who needed some type of internet technology help and I didn't know there was somewhere they could go inside my school. At the time I really needed to print a paper and so did my best friend and Art Theater teacher we had for a zero. And a first. Told us about the media center. When we got to the room that she told us that it was in it seemed troubled and everything was not put together. There's no teacher in the room so we thought that we might have made a mistake and we went back to the classroom and said there's no one there. Later in the day when we had gone to our lockers and were about to leave the building we saw the room for the media center open. This was the first time that I met Mister Alvarez. Alvarez only stood there my junior year which was quite sad because he became quite the mentor to me after meeting him late in freshman year. Our media center was not what you would typically imagine a media center to be. All of the chairs were piled up on tables and there were a few computers on one table that were clustered together not set up. There's also about five bookcases with no books. It wasn't much but Alvarez was determined to make it much better. With some help from students in the school we were able to collect around five hundred books to have in our media center. We set up the laptops and Alvarez set up the TV and a sitting area. It was looking really nice and Alvarez decided to start his own club since he had the time and the space. We started a DND campaign. It was super fun and we love playing the campaign's. Alvarez ended up leaving during junior year because he got offered a new job right before they handed him his pink slip. We were really sad because we didn't want Alvarez to go but we still talk to Alvarez today and he's become even more of a mentor than he was freshman year of high school. I am a dual major in marketing and computer science and Alvarez had his Masters in computer science. We originally were looking for the media room so that we could print out an essay and ended up creating a bond with a mentor who has helped me through a lot of my troubles in computer science. I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world but I find computer science very interesting and intriguing and I love to learn more about it. I was only introduced to computer science through Alvarez and felt I could do it because of Alvarez. Without that connection that seemed insignificant at the time I probably would almost be done with my marketing degree and going into a career just in marketing without having any knowledge of computer science. n "The Other Wes Moore" it says "The common bond of humanity and decency that we share is stronger than any conflict, any adversity. Fighting for your convictions is important. But finding peace is paramount. Knowing when to fight and when to seek peace is wisdom. Ubuntu was right." I think Alverez living in jersey city for so long helped him understand his students.


Comments