Friends
Friends
I try to keep my friends. I have friends that I've kept since I was 4 and friends I only met a year or two ago. I wouldn't say I have a large group of friends but I have a close group of friends. It's important to pay attention to the people that you surround yourself with. The people that I've come to know and love in my friendships are usually very determined and loyal. However there are friends that aren't as loyal and determined and it is hard when you have had a friend since you were 4 years old and they start acting differently and in a way that you don't really want to be friends with them anymore. That's what happened with my friend Omar. I've known Omar since the first grade. He's one of the only friends that I know, his family, his siblings and I know them really well. His little sister is in the same grade as my brother and we all went to the same school for 9 years. Omar ended up leaving. School in the fifth grade but his sister stayed and I still talk to her and later on in high school me and Omar worth in this same Theater program. It was really nice to have someone that I really knew in theater aside from two girls who started attending my old Middle School in around the 6th grade. I wasn't really close with them but we had overlapping friends inside of. Middle School. To see Omar in the program made me feel a sense of security. One of the girls from my previous Middle School is now my best friend and is one of the most loyal people you'll ever meet. I got her and Omar to be friends. Piano Mar became really close friends during the pandemic. However not too long ago Omar kept on saying that me and him were never friends. I know we're going up. I didn't have many friends and I didn't get too close to people because I thought all I needed was with my family. I know that and still it hurts because Omar was one of the only people I did consider a really good friend. Me and Omar talked about it and I thought the situation was done, however she continued to Proclaim that I wasn't his friend and it really hurt knowing that someone I had a 15-year history with didn't want to claim me as a friend. He didn't talk about it with me ever again and he started hanging out with some people that aren't the best and do a lot of things that I don't agree with. For the first time in our 15-year friendship Omar made me uncomfortable to be around him. I didn't feel like I could talk to him and he said some pretty nasty things to my best friend. I didn't want to continue with the negativity so I'm keeping my space from home but it really sucks when you've built a friendship for a really long time with someone and that friendship kind of dies out because one person changes in some ways and the other person doesn't. In "The Other Wes Moore" the author found it interesting that you could grow up in the same place and still go in such different direction. I think it is because of the people you surround yourself with that makes the difference. The author Wes sees it as the expectations of the others and yourself but it does lean on the family, friends and bods you create.


Comments
Post a Comment